Tuesday, March 29, 2011

O Tano Batak (O Land of Batak)

Land of Bakara in Tano Batak (Foto, 2011)
Tao Toba (Lake Toba, Foto 2011)

This song lyric is presented of Batak to remind of their anchestral homeland, the land of origin Batak Tribe (Bona ni pasogit Bangso Batak) when they’re far away from there . 

O Tano Batak haholonganku,
sai namasihol do au, mulak tu ho.
Ndang olo modom, ndang nok matangku.
Sai namalungun do au, sai naeng tu ho.

Reff.: O Tano Batak sai naeng hutatap,
dapothononku tano hogodanganki
O Tano Batak andigan sahat,
Au on naeng mian di ho sambulon hi.

Molo dung binsar mataniari,
napanapuhon hauma disi.
Denggan do ngolu, si ganup ari.
Dinamaringan di ho, sambulon hi.

Kembali ke Reff.

Translation:

O Land of Batak, which I love,
I always longed to go there.
Could not sleep, my eyes could not sleep.
It's always sad, always wanted to go there.

Reff:  O Land of Batak always wish I looked,
          I met my land of childhood
          O Land of Batak when it comes time,
          I stay there, in the land of my ancestors

When the sun rises,
illuminate the entire field there.
Everyday life continues to prosper.
For those who live there, in the land of my birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment